La Devesa Park

La Devesa Park is the largest of Girona and Catalonia’s city parks, covering some 40 hectares. Its origins go back to an area of land alongside the Ter River that was ceded to the city by the monarchs of Catalonia-Aragón in the 15th and 16th centuries. La Devesa Gardens are delimited by an estuary that runs around their perimeter and the main access is marked by an entry pavilion in brick with blue ceramic tiling, close to the Rellotge Building, that dates from 1926.

Nowadays, a large part of the park, with the exception of the aforementioned gardens, are taken up by sporting facilities.